Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Music and such...

I'm a very music oriented person.  I wake up to music, I go to sleep with music.  Music is always playing in my car.  Music is always playing in my room.  If I'm cleaning the house (notice the if), I have music playing.  When I'm cooking, I have music playing.  And when music isn't playing, I'm playing it.  So, as you can see, music is a big part of my life.  It has the ability to encourage me or bring me down.

Last night, my mind starting worrying about Honduras.  Questions kept flying through my head.  Doubts kept pummeling my thoughts.  I told God, "I need some encouragement.  I'm not going to make it to Honduras without your constant reminders that You're with me."  And into my head pops the lines, "I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind..." And immediately, those doubts were annihilated.  I grabbed my iPod and started making a playlist entitled "Honduras."

Here's the list of songs that made the cut.  Songs that remind me why I'm going and Who's going with me.

1. Set the World on Fire by Britt Nicole (Say It)

2. Have Your Way by Britt Nicole (The Lost Get Found)

3. Glow by Britt Nicole (The Lost Get Found)

4. Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin (Burning Lights)

5. Always by Kristian Stanfill (Here for You)

6. This Too Shall Pass by James Curlin Band (Stories to Tell)

7. Go Hard by Lecrae Feat. Tedashii (Rebel)

8. Background by Lecrae Feat. C-Lite (Rehab)

9. The Lord Our God by Kristian Stanfill (Passion: Let the Future Begin)

10. Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin (Passion: Let the Future Begin) *this one needed to be on there twice!

11. Here's My Heart by David Crowder (Passion: Let the Future Begin)

12. One Thing Remains by Kristian Stanfill (Passion: White Flag)

13. Sing Along by Christy Nockels (Passion: White Flag)

14. Build Your Kingdom Here by The Rend Collective Experiment (Homemade Worship by Handmade People)

15. Anchor by Satellites and Sirens (Satellites and Sirens)

16. Forever Reign by Kristian Stanfill (Passion: Here for You)

17. Dare You to Move by Switchfoot (The Beautiful Letdown)

18. Worn by Tenth Avenue North (The Struggle)

19. By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North (The Light Meets the Dark)

20. Break Every Chain by Will Reagan & The United Pursuit Band (Hold On)

These songs have encouraged me in the past and continue to encourage me.  I am so thankful for songwriters who love Jesus and have a desire to worship Him through song.  Not only are they worshiping God in their own lives, they are leading others to worship God.  What a beautiful ripple effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment