Monday, April 22, 2013

~Outrageous~

Matthew 10:37- Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 

Luke 14:26-27- If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters- yes, even his own life- he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. 

The true meaning of these verses is making itself known in my life.  This weekend, I heard a pastor preach about following Jesus.  One of the things we're called to do as Christ-followers is sacrifice the things we love.

"This could be your boyfriend or girlfriend, your material things, your family."

Your family? *gulp*

That's a thought I could have lived without.  The reality hit me that I will be sacrificing my family when I move to Honduras.

I had always read these verses thinking Jesus was outrageous.  As I look at it now, Jesus was (and is) outrageous.  As followers of Christ, we are called to be outrageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment