Saturday, September 7, 2013

~God's Favor

This is no cliche when I say that God is good.
All week long I haven't been able to withdraw money from any ATM. First the problem was that the card wasn't cleared for international use (I think).  Then they just didn't work. I ended up having a small breakdown in the middle of the grocery store (how embarrassing!). After hugs and encouragement from my roommates we decided I'd just transfer money into their accounts.  While I felt defeated, I knew that Satan hadn't won because we were going to find a way around him either way. My God takes care of sparrows, I knew he would take care of me. I woke up that morning and read out of Hosea and Psalms and both passages expressed God's sovereignty. I felt God saying, try it one more time. And of course I told him, "Okay, but that's it." I tried it, and it didn't work. But we discovered it's because I have the wrong kind of credit card carrier. So I was just going to borrow money from one of the girls until I could get the right carrier.  Today we went to the ATM so I could borrow money from one of the other girls. We noticed this ATM had a sign for the card carrier I have. So....we tried my card. And it worked. And we scared Honduras because we squealed.

I prayed this morning for God's favor, and He provided it! Thank you all for praying!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole you are so right about God providing even for sparrows! Great insight. I want to share Phil 4:17 a verse that I believe literally saved my life last week "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" I hope to share more details with you someday. Repeat it let it speak to you soul. Also "Perfect love casts out fear". Your prayer partner

    ReplyDelete